How to Install Kodi v17.0 Krypton for android tv box

kodi 17

This Version will work on Android 5+
If you have an old android version follow this link INSTALL KODI 16.1

Here is how to install Kodi on your Android Tv box from scratch.

If you have an old version of kodi The first thing you need to do is uninstall it  .

Here is the steps how to uninstall Kodi

• Go to Settings

install kodi 17

• Then go APPS

install kodi 17 1

• Go to Kodi

• Click on clear data after its done
  • Click on Uninstall

install kodi 17 3

After That we are going to install the latest version of Kodi

• Go to Browser

install kodi 17 5

• Type kodi.tv then press okay
  • Go to Downloads

install kodi 17 11

• Select Local Disk

install kodi 17 12

• Find Kodi app and press okay to install

install kodi 17 13

install kodi 17 9

• After the installation done click on open

51 thoughts on “How to Install Kodi v17.0 Krypton for android tv box

1. Magnolia says:

There are some intriguing points in time in this post but I do’t understand if I see all
    of them middle to heart. There is some validity but I ‘ll take hold opinion until I look into it further.

Great post , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as
    well.

2. boom says:

Fine post. I learn something more demanding on different blogs
    everyday. It’ll constantly be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little
    something from their shop. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you do’t mind.
    Natually I’ll give you a link on your own internet blog.
    Thanks for sharing.

3. Zee says:

I got a Xiaomi Mi Box 3s.

Upon running Config Wizard, Kodi asked me about the platform to choose. Which option should I go for? Please advise and TIA.

4. john says:

Thanks for advice but you see I’m an idiot and I’ve deleted my Jodi app from my OTT TV box and no matter what I try I’m lost perhaps you can’t put the genie back in the box again? Would be eternally grateful if you know better and can help me put it back

5. Nigel f says:

Thanku so much for the info. I didn’t realise I had to uninstall the old Kodi to put a new one on. Very easy to understand, even I could do it! Thanx again

6. Barbara says:

Thanks for information, but I get right to the last instruction and ‘Open’ is not an option only ‘Done’ which means Kodi not installed properly. Can you help, please?

7. Barbara says:

The instructions were excellent, but when I reach ‘Open’ after installation I am only given the option ‘Done’, therefore, Kodi is not installed but is showing in File Browser, but will not open there either.

Help please.

8. jon says:

I follow all of the above, but when installing the app a message pops up to say the app is not installed. I have 6.0 version android max pro box. Any ideas??

9. brian says:

why would someone want to unistall kodi 16.1 and lose all there data eg addons, repo ect…

why dont you show how to add over kodi 16.1

10. Chris says:

Hi, I’ve been onto the kodi website, followed the instructions, downloaded the kodi app but when I go onto appinstaller,local disk says no APK found? How can I fix this? Thank you

11. William says:

i did these steps, after something happend to my tv box, kodi was bare, and nothing would work.. i removed kodi, downloaded the new(83mb) but when i go to local disk, the file isnt there, when i check downloads, i see it… what is going on ??

12. Danielle says:

I followed all the direction but when I go to click on the download it is say there was a problem parsing the package. I cant find any info to get me though this. can you help

13. Clay S says:

I had a few of these problems. I had even downloaded kodi to the download folder, but it still failed to install.
    The only thing that worked for me, was to do a factory reset, download Kodi apk on an sd card, delete the original kodi download(on the box), then go to the sd card(through file explorer) & install from there.

14. joe says:

I’ve downloaded Kodi 17 to my box. I can locate the file in Local Discs/Downloads. App installer will open Local Disc but will not allow access to Downloads. I can’t copy and paste the file from Downloads. I’ve tried to install directly from Downloads by clicking on the executable file but that doesn’t work.

15. Andre Rorsch says:

I have a H96 Pro Plus Android Box- 3G/32G S912 OCTA CORE 64BITS CPU
    Running Android Marshmallow version 6
    To update the Kodi on it which ARM link do I use. I see a couple under the Kodi download Page
    RC-
    ARM
    ARM v8A 64bit
    Nightly-
    ARM v7A
    ARM v8A 64bit

Just want to make sure I select the correct one for my Box

16. Natasha Roper says:

My arm won’t open in my files. which one do I use? I’m connected to the internet they download but won’t own

17. Stevo says:

I am having the sameness problem on my mediabox. Why isn’t anyone posting any fixes. Now I don’t have any kodi!

18. vb says:

Hello I am in the same boat. I have started with deleting the kodi app and a fresh start. The only .apk file I can get to work is jarvis 16.1 on my m8 box. I am able to download Krypton 17.1 apk. But When you go to appinstaller, the file is not found in local disk. On another try I received a parse error. IT seems that all the new builds are going forward using krypton. What could possibly be the problem? With Jarvis 16.1, I tried the build for Hyper tt 5.5 I get too many errors. Thanks for any help you can provide

19. Geo says:

I have the entertainment box T8-V. I can download kodi 17.1(from a link offered on the box not from kodi.tv), I can add the source, it installs it but when I select it from repository all I get is version 1.0.1…. it acts like it’s updated but u can’t run the program… I’m assuming it’s because if this issue that kodi.tv is having for being closed… Uh ohhhhh, looks like a lot of people are going to be out of a lot of money. Lucky for me I have a 30 day return policy. Though I don’t want to return this box because it’s fucking amazing but I don’t want to not be able to use any 3rd party add ons for tv, movies and etc.

20. Maria Tillmon says:

I think itay be incompatible with the box I have I had all the same issues not being able to install the new version and I finally just reinstalled the 16.1 back on and it worked.

21. Lilly Molin says:

I am trying to install latest version of kodi, I can’t find browser button on any screen. Can someone help me with this part of the installation.

22. Higgins says:

Hopefully you, anyone, can help, I have downloaded the arm v7a 32, used the apt installer to install the .apk file(twice). After clicking “done” it takes me back to the apt installer page where the .apk file is located….and I have rebooted and still Jarvis. What am I missing?
    Thanks.

23. Asmi says:

We have an android Q box and we have downloaded off the browser and go to the appinstaller- everything goes well but after about 30 seconds of install, it says App Not Downloaded. We have tried Arm32 bit, Arm 64 bit, X86…. none of them will download!! any help!!!!