How to Install Kodi v17.3 Krypton for android tv box

kodi 17

This Version will work on Android 5+
If you have an old android version follow this link INSTALL KODI 16.1

Here is how to install Kodi on your Android Tv box from scratch.

If you have an old version of kodi The first thing you need to do is uninstall it  .

Here is the steps how to uninstall Kodi

• Go to Settings

install kodi 17

• Then go APPS

install kodi 17 1

• Go to Kodi

• Click on clear data after its done
  • Click on Uninstall

install kodi 17 3

After That we are going to install the latest version of Kodi

• Go to Browser

install kodi 17 5

• Type kodi.tv then press okay
  • Go to Downloads

install kodi 17 11

• Select Local Disk

install kodi 17 12

• Find Kodi app and press okay to install

install kodi 17 13

install kodi 17 9

• After the installation done click on open

We would really appreciate any small donation to help keep our free blog

92 thoughts on “How to Install Kodi v17.3 Krypton for android tv box

• Jay says:

How long does it take to download? Mine has said Downloading Kodi…. for over a half hour with nothing to indicate it’s actually doing anything…

• firstforme says:

Jay majority of the time I download the apk not a zip. You need to make sure you download the proper version either android, windows etc. For android box I download the apk and copy to a usb then put in box and go to apk installer in settings and select usb then you can load. I have done this since 12.1. I also will backup my addons with the backup program so if I don’t like the way the newer version works then I can put my older version back. I like to test the new versions and when they have all the bugs out then I start to use it.

• J P Smith says:

Go up to the download arrow and click on it – should say installed – didn’t “pop up” when I downloaded it

• John says:

I downloaded Kodi 17.3…When I try to install it gives me a message..”app not installed” . Is there a problem with it?

1. Magnolia says:

There are some intriguing points in time in this post but I do’t understand if I see all
    of them middle to heart. There is some validity but I ‘ll take hold opinion until I look into it further.

Great post , thanks and we want more! Added to FeedBurner as
    well.

2. boom says:

Fine post. I learn something more demanding on different blogs
    everyday. It’ll constantly be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little
    something from their shop. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you do’t mind.
    Natually I’ll give you a link on your own internet blog.
    Thanks for sharing.

• firstforme says:

Not if you load over your existing kodi. On android 5.0 and later when you load the apk it will have all or new, click ok on all then go to bottom and install. At the top there will be a line under all. I have done it many times, sometimes some addons will not work properly but they will update and start working.

3. Zee says:

I got a Xiaomi Mi Box 3s.

Upon running Config Wizard, Kodi asked me about the platform to choose. Which option should I go for? Please advise and TIA.

4. john says:

Thanks for advice but you see I’m an idiot and I’ve deleted my Jodi app from my OTT TV box and no matter what I try I’m lost perhaps you can’t put the genie back in the box again? Would be eternally grateful if you know better and can help me put it back

5. Nigel f says:

Thanku so much for the info. I didn’t realise I had to uninstall the old Kodi to put a new one on. Very easy to understand, even I could do it! Thanx again

6. Barbara says:

Thanks for information, but I get right to the last instruction and ‘Open’ is not an option only ‘Done’ which means Kodi not installed properly. Can you help, please?

7. Barbara says:

The instructions were excellent, but when I reach ‘Open’ after installation I am only given the option ‘Done’, therefore, Kodi is not installed but is showing in File Browser, but will not open there either.

Help please.

8. jon says:

I follow all of the above, but when installing the app a message pops up to say the app is not installed. I have 6.0 version android max pro box. Any ideas??

9. brian says:

why would someone want to unistall kodi 16.1 and lose all there data eg addons, repo ect…

why dont you show how to add over kodi 16.1

10. Chris says:

Hi, I’ve been onto the kodi website, followed the instructions, downloaded the kodi app but when I go onto appinstaller,local disk says no APK found? How can I fix this? Thank you

11. William says:

i did these steps, after something happend to my tv box, kodi was bare, and nothing would work.. i removed kodi, downloaded the new(83mb) but when i go to local disk, the file isnt there, when i check downloads, i see it… what is going on ??

12. Danielle says:

I followed all the direction but when I go to click on the download it is say there was a problem parsing the package. I cant find any info to get me though this. can you help

13. Clay S says:

I had a few of these problems. I had even downloaded kodi to the download folder, but it still failed to install.
    The only thing that worked for me, was to do a factory reset, download Kodi apk on an sd card, delete the original kodi download(on the box), then go to the sd card(through file explorer) & install from there.

14. joe says:

I’ve downloaded Kodi 17 to my box. I can locate the file in Local Discs/Downloads. App installer will open Local Disc but will not allow access to Downloads. I can’t copy and paste the file from Downloads. I’ve tried to install directly from Downloads by clicking on the executable file but that doesn’t work.

15. Andre Rorsch says:

I have a H96 Pro Plus Android Box- 3G/32G S912 OCTA CORE 64BITS CPU
    Running Android Marshmallow version 6
    To update the Kodi on it which ARM link do I use. I see a couple under the Kodi download Page
    RC-
    ARM
    ARM v8A 64bit
    Nightly-
    ARM v7A
    ARM v8A 64bit

Just want to make sure I select the correct one for my Box

• Timothy says:

Hey how did you make out with update ? I downloaded the new 17.3 on the desktop zip pit e do dah . Thought I would take quick look at the app download . It seems somewhat different . You have the path to get it working ? I have exact same box as u . Thanks ……. Tim …….

16. Natasha Roper says:

My arm won’t open in my files. which one do I use? I’m connected to the internet they download but won’t own

17. Stevo says:

I am having the sameness problem on my mediabox. Why isn’t anyone posting any fixes. Now I don’t have any kodi!

18. vb says:

Hello I am in the same boat. I have started with deleting the kodi app and a fresh start. The only .apk file I can get to work is jarvis 16.1 on my m8 box. I am able to download Krypton 17.1 apk. But When you go to appinstaller, the file is not found in local disk. On another try I received a parse error. IT seems that all the new builds are going forward using krypton. What could possibly be the problem? With Jarvis 16.1, I tried the build for Hyper tt 5.5 I get too many errors. Thanks for any help you can provide

19. Geo says:

I have the entertainment box T8-V. I can download kodi 17.1(from a link offered on the box not from kodi.tv), I can add the source, it installs it but when I select it from repository all I get is version 1.0.1…. it acts like it’s updated but u can’t run the program… I’m assuming it’s because if this issue that kodi.tv is having for being closed… Uh ohhhhh, looks like a lot of people are going to be out of a lot of money. Lucky for me I have a 30 day return policy. Though I don’t want to return this box because it’s fucking amazing but I don’t want to not be able to use any 3rd party add ons for tv, movies and etc.

20. Maria Tillmon says:

I think itay be incompatible with the box I have I had all the same issues not being able to install the new version and I finally just reinstalled the 16.1 back on and it worked.

21. Lilly Molin says:

I am trying to install latest version of kodi, I can’t find browser button on any screen. Can someone help me with this part of the installation.

22. Higgins says:

Hopefully you, anyone, can help, I have downloaded the arm v7a 32, used the apt installer to install the .apk file(twice). After clicking “done” it takes me back to the apt installer page where the .apk file is located….and I have rebooted and still Jarvis. What am I missing?
    Thanks.

• Dee says:

If I understand from your post… you’re traying to update Jarvis to Krypton… that’s no-go…
      You have to uninstall Jarvis first, and kodi update program also…
      reboot and then go with fresh install

• firstforme says:

Dee is correct. Some boxes I can select all and load 17.3 over 16.1. Many others like the T95 I had to uninstall 16.1 and then install 17.3 and could only get the arm v7a to load. The people that write the firmware have blocked the installation as long as their version of kodi with their addons are installed. I don’t like what comes on a new box and set up from scratch.

23. Asmi says:

We have an android Q box and we have downloaded off the browser and go to the appinstaller- everything goes well but after about 30 seconds of install, it says App Not Downloaded. We have tried Arm32 bit, Arm 64 bit, X86…. none of them will download!! any help!!!!

• Phumba2 says:

I have the same problem as you. were you able to resolve? I have android 5.1.1 Q box so krypton install should work but it isnt

24. neil james says:

I have a q android box (6.0.1 Android) with Jarvis pre-installed. No matter what I do, it just won’t have Krypton. Do I need to uninstall Jarvis first and will Krypton install if I do, or should I just leave it alone?
    Thanks in advance.

• Dee says:

yes… uninstall Jarvis first… kodi update program also
      Then reboot and go with fresh install of Krypton… be sure your device is Android v 5.1.1 minimum… also choose proper package (apk) for your processor.
      After fresh install you will have to set up your addons from scratch

• firstforme says:

I will tell you that you can load over Jarvis and keep your addons. I have never used an infinity and you have to do some searching. From what I have seen you need the kodi-17.3-Krypton-armeabi-v7a.apk which is the 32 bit version and the v8a is 64 bit. My beelink is a 64 bit version but will only load the 32 bit version. You may be able to download the apk on to a usb do not download the zip. Go into settings and select usb then you might be able to load it . If I had one I would be able to see how to load it but I can’t see what the menu is like. The manual says to contact CS and ask them.

25. terry wood says:

I have got a infinity tv box (cube) jarvis 16.1 can’t see any mention of android…system says linux 3 something
    can I load it with Kodi 17 pls..which platform to download to put on cube
    thanks

• vb says:

Go to kodi.com
      Downloads
      Scroll down to older releases
      There is a link that show build here
      android/
      arm/
      old/
      kodi-16.1-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a.apk file size 59M date apr. 24

26. Lynn Burtch says:

It would be nice if this really worked. However the link now takes you to the download for Krypton 17.1, and I haven’t been able to find a link to the Krypton 17.0 update. So I now have a useless box.

27. terry wood says:

i have infinity tv cube…jarvis 16.1 it says git… linux 3…i don’t see any download for this or is that linux 3 an android..can’t seem to get an answer anywhere for that question
    thanks in anticipation

28. Jim McClure says:

My Android box is Android version 5.1.1. However, we I try to access Kodi 17.3, it tells me that my version of my Android system is not current enough. This is when I try to go through the Google store. Any help please.

29. firstforme says:

I also run android 5.1.1. I have been able to uninstall kodi and download from google play but it’s probably a 32 bit version. With my m18 I have never been able to load the 64bit version. I can do a backup on my data and addons and then put them on 17. Now with a 905x box I was able to install a kodi update app and it installed 17 on those but would not on my m18. It just seems the 64bit version will not load. There is a flaw in all versions of 17 and I thought after the problems with installing 17.0 that they would have it fixed by 17.3. I think I will wait for 18 and just use 16.1 until then. It seems even versions work better because they learn from the odd versions. Even when I had 17 on my 905x it had issues on playback. It just reminds me of 15 when it worked great on pc but not worth a crap on an android then 16 worked like a charm. As long as 16.1 is working good I’ll just wait for 18 and see how it does.

30. Dazorr says:

Hi there I have an MxQ Pro 4k box. Had Kodi 16.1 on it but installed the No Limits Build the other day. Now Kodi is too slow and wont play/respond. Should I delete it and reinstall Kodi n start fresh. Also can MxQ Pro 4k boxes take Kodi 17.1/2/3? Thanks

31. firstforme says:

Dazorr I I put addon’s that I like and use only. My box came with a build on it. Some are outdated and don’t work and they have all these repositories that I will never use so I just do my own. You can click the info button on a addon you like and get the name of the repository. Sometime there will be as many as 4 repositories for the same addon. I do not like the way 17 works even when I changed the skin to confluence which is what 16 has. You can go to programs, get more and load fresh start and it will remove all addons and repositories and it will be clean. Personally I use less than 20 repositories and load the video and program addons I want and use. My boxes work great. You will need to read and learn what repositories you need for the addons you want. I can set a box from scratch in about 40 minutes but I have done this many times. A 4k box is only playback 4k if you have a tv that is 4k because of the number of pixels. A tv that’s not 4k will play 4k playback but will not be as clean because of the number of pixels. I don’t have a 4k tv. My beelink will only load 17 in 32 bit and it’s a 5.1.1 64 bit. Each to their own. I would do a fresh start and load from scratch your box will run much faster. You also need to clean the cache, packages and video/music library every once in a while. On my 905x box a couple of days after I went to 17 it started having issues and went back to 16. You can do what you want but I will wait for 18 and see how it works. Good Luck.

32. terry wood says:

Hi..I am still having problems..I have this infinity tv box…(cube)
    There in no “my apps” on the tv box..I am trying to upgrade from Jarvis 16.1 to 17.3
    I don’t know how to get it…any file I down load on my pc doesn’t show up on windows SMB from ny kodi tv box
    Is there a special; prefix I need to add to search
    I tried to download on to an external drive but still doesn’t show
    I still don’t know what app to download..windows, android, linux any help pls..still got a little hair left

33. Lorraine says:

How long does it take for 17.3 to download, its has been 45 min, it said downloading but nothing is happening

• firstforme says:

I just google kodi downloads and go to their download link. I pick my device which is android and the version which I have to use Arm 32 bit version APK and I do have a 64 bit box but it does not load. It takes about 2 to 4 minutes to download. I copy and paste to a thumb drive. Put it in my box and go to app installer and then select usb drive and when it shows up I install. An android will ask if new or all install. If you have a previous version you can select all and then install. For the last few days their have been a problems with addons updating because of server problems. You will not be able to load most of your addons until that is corrected but your current version will work on some links. If you load over your old version some addons will not work until they are able to update. I put new firmware on a box yesterday and loaded 17.3 and have not been able to install addons. But I use the same skin as Jarvis the confluence which you can change in kodi settings. Good Luck.

34. warrick.steptoe says:

I uninstalled Kodi 16 as per your post but found that it also cleared my Ethernet details so I am now unable to download Kodi 17. I’m using an MXQ Pro 4k box. Please help!

• firstforme says:

Kodi has nothing to do with your Ethernet or wireless. That only changes if you do a factory reset. On your home screen when you first boot your box go to your settings and you should find your inter settings and then reset it.

35. firstforme says:

I set up my mini 8s 2 with 905x chipset the other day and it works great. People need to remember that all previous versions of xbmc and kodi were 32 bit versions until krypton 17 where they have the 64 bit version. They were all arm 7 which are 32 bit versions and arm 8 is 32 bit. I have found that very few boxes will lod the 64 bit. Think about a pc, it has both 32 bit and 64 bit programs. I have no problem with the 32 bit, I change my skin to confluence and with 17 I can tweak the video settings where links that buffered in the past do not buffer now. Found this on facebook. Kodi is a learning experience. When everything is working good I just watch but when issues arise like the last few weeks then I have to go back to reading and learning again and I am no spring chicken. Good Luck.

• firstforme says:

My sister has KitKat 4.4 with an amoligic s812. I have found some firmware for her box to upgrade to 5.0 and there are also some for rock chip then I will install 17.3 but if there are any problems I have an 5.0 box setup for her. For now 16.1 works great and she will use it until it stops working. There have been a lot of changes for kodi in June. I had to research for my repositories and have all my addons working. Some addons have been discontinued. I would google the addons not working and find the problem. I have done 4 new setups this week all from scratch and all my addons work good, one was my pc and the others were all my personal boxes, I did hit a few bumps along the way but found a solution. Kodi is a learning experience and if you don’t keep up then you have problems. Yes all I did was watch tv with my box for the last 9 months and when things quit working had to read and learn how to correct the problems. Use Jarvis on your on your box.

• firstforme says:

Neil what version of firmware is your box, 4.4 or 5.0 or higher. As said if your box is not a 5.0 or higher then you will need to use 16.1 Jarvis. Which version of Krypton are you trying to install. I would try armv7a 32 bit for 17.3. If you have a 6.0 Q box you should be able to load armv7a after you uninstall your current version of kodi. Do a factory reset, the go to settings>apps and find kodi and uninstall and also look for a kodi update in apps and if there is uninstall it. I always download kodi on my thumb drive. Then put it in my box, go to app installer, select usb drive and let it search for your Kripton APK. Then click on it, select new at the top and then on the bottom select install on bottom right. If it is not installing you need to go into your settings of your box and click on “install unknown sources” because your box firmware may be blocking it. You will not be able to install the armv8a 64 bit version. Let us know how it goes.

36. olive oil facial says:

Some truly rattling work on behalf of the owner of this internet site, perfectly outstanding content material.

37. DC90210 says:

Hi all; I recently bought a Balight t95x box from Amazon. My Kodi 17.3 (came preinstalled) works fine but keeps giving errors for any new addons in install. Also, in the Settings menu; there is no option for “unknown Sources” ..!! When I go to settings and change the mode to expert or advanced, I dont get the addons as one of the options on left hand panel !! What should I do ?? I also tried installing SPMC from Play Store but that also does not have this option. Same version on my phone as “unknown sources” option !!